System Dynamics Modeller
Purpose of job
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK’s Research and Innovation Division is an agile division engaged in cutting edge research within the underwater defencedomain. We work closely with our customers to create new capability which protects lives at sea. Our programmesare varied in scope and discipline, so we are considering experienced applicants with a variety of skills.
The division’s teams span underwater vehicles, towed systems, acoustics, non-acoustics, mine countermeasures and applied technologies.
With no two days the same, research roles at ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in: development of new signal processing algorithms; application of machine learning techniques to interrogate data sets of interest; development of numerical simulation tools; undertaking laboratory experiments; working within system design teams providing key technical input on new system concepts; or even working onboard naval platforms setting to work equipment and training ships staff.
We are seekinga System Dynamics Modellerto support R&D programmeswithin the Division and wider AEUK product development. Applicants are expected to be dynamic, innovative, resourceful, committed and have a track record of achievement.
Reports to Team Leader
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities
You don’t have to have specific maritime defencedomain knowledge or experience. However, a keen interest in the topic is desirable. Required knowledge and skills include:
- Degree level Aerospace Engineering or related subject, supported by relevant experience in academia, government or industry
- Expertise in one or more of the areas listed below is desirable:
- Use of scientific computational software such as Matlab, Simulink and Python
- Implementation of mathematical algorithms for computer simulations in the time and frequency domains.
- Numerical simulation of vehicle dynamics and/or computational fluid dynamics
- Knowledge of computer graphics and/or their underlying algorithms
- Signal processing and data analysis
- Highly self-motivated, innovative thinker, with determination to succeed
- Thorough and conscientious
- Flexible and adaptable
- Eagerness to learn, develop, extend and apply skills and knowledge
- Identifies opportunities and understands how expertise can be more widely applied
- Working collaboratively with specialists from a variety of disciplines
- Working with stakeholders to support development and delivery of customer solutions
- Communicating technical findings and concepts to a range of expert and non-expert stakeholders
- Assimilating data to form clear and coherent advice to inform stakeholders and key decision makers
- Providing technical leadership on multi-disciplinary research projects
- Actively supporting the development of junior staff members
Key accountabilities may include
- Delivering programmesagainst Work Package Agreements to time, cost and high quality
- Supporting bid responses from within the research team
- Working with technical experts and AEUK stakeholders to deliver projects, identify opportunities and win new work
- Building relationships with customers and stakeholders
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB