Production Technician Electrical/Electronic
Purpose of job
To Produce Electro-Mechanical Assemblies in Line with Drawings/Specifications.
Reports to Section Leader / Team Leader
In line with delegation matrix
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Outline of knowledge, skills and personal qualities required across the range of roles and examples of the types of application shown below. Training and development relating to the specific job role will be provided.
Accountable to the Section Leader, the Production Technician will be performing a variety of tasks within the Production Department. He/she will be responsible for the manufacture and test of a variety of products and assist in the implementation of processes and tooling/test equipment to support reliable and cost effective manufacturing.
- To carry out various builds & assemblies following detailed drawings and adhering to assembly procedures. Also following industry standards such as IPC 620 + 7711 / 7721 + JSTD.
- Ability to work proactivity within a team. Problem solve when required, and liaise with Manufacturing Engineering for a resolve.
- Support prototyping and first build activity and prepare products for production.
- Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of hand tools, both for mechanical and electrical operations.
- Assist with the implementation of lean management systems, supporting audits as required.
- Adhere to control processes to achieve a conforming product.
- Complete documentation in accordance with quality & contractual requirements ensuring materials, tooling & product traceability.
- Communicate failures and process improvement ideas to the Section Leader / Team Leader.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in areas of activity.
- Be aware and compliant with Environmental, Health & Safety requirements
- IPC / JSTD Certification will be provided to be able to perform the various operational tasks for the right candidate.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- A production technician who has worked in a multi-disciplined manufacturing environment for at least 3 years.
- Experienced building prototype cabinets / First of class.
- Experienced in soldering, crimping, looming, electro mechanical assembly.
- Experience with MS Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Internet.
- Understands the principals and need for production control documentation and traceability.
- Has a drive and an ability for continuous improvement through process development.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail.
Key accountabilities may include
- Documentation Diligence
- Directly reports to the team leader.
- Ensure working area is clean, tidy and free of FOD at all times.
- Adhering to Health and Safety.
- Meeting time critical deadlines, working as part of a team to reliably deliver a range of products to production quality, on time andtobudget with minimum wastage.
- The ability to adept and work on different products as directed throughout the working day.
- Able to work overtime if required.
- Self-confident, good organisation, effective communicator, self-motivated, flexible, ability to analyse, good judgement, ability to influence, open to change, shows initiative, team player.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB